Make your cause known.
Imagine what you could do with $10,000 USD of in-kind advertising every month from AdWords, an online advertising solution from Google. You could recruit more volunteers. Attract more donations. And share your story with audiences all over the globe.
Google Ad Grants is a partner program available to qualifying (501 C3) nonprofit organizations to help support their efforts in making a difference. There are currently over 20,000 nonprofit groups in more than 50 countries that are part of this program, but there are still many that don’t know about it. There are some restrictions and limitations on how the funds can be used in marketing and we’ll go over those in a just a second. But first, think about the potential impact this bank-roll of free advertising could make on your organization. Spread the word about your cause, increase donation support, or even help with recruiting volunteers.
The type of 501 C3, or the nature of your organization doesn’t have much bearing. You could be anything from a church to a well digging organization, and most anything in between. So, continue reading to understand the basics of program usage and then click the button at the bottom of this article to check your eligibility with Google.
Ad Grants guidelines.
As you think about the best ways to use Google Ad Grants, here are a few guidelines to keep in mind:
- Your ads will be entirely text-based (no videos or images).
- They’ll appear only on Google search results pages.
- All campaigns must be keyword-targeted.
- Your maximum cost-per-click (CPC) will be $2.00 USD.
- You’ll receive $10,000 USD (up to $40,000 USD for Grantspro participants) of in-kind AdWords advertising each month.
See if you’re eligible.
All of the Grantees must meet certain criteria in order to qualify for Google Ad Grants and keep that qualification active. Here’s how your nonprofit can qualify.
How to qualify for Google Ad Grants.
Google Ad Grants is part of the Google for Nonprofits program. To qualify for Google Ad Grants, your organization must:
- Begin by applying to Google for Nonprofits.
- Hold valid charity status. Please see the Google For Nonprofits site for definitions of charity status in your country.
- Acknowledge and agree to Google’s required certifications regarding nondiscrimination and donation receipt and use.
- Have a live website with substantial content.
Governmental entities and organizations, hospitals and medical groups, schools, childcare centers, academic institutions and universities are not eligible for Google Ad Grants, but philanthropic arms of educational institutions are eligible.
Here’s how to stay qualified.
To maintain your eligibility for Google Ad Grants, your organization must:
- Link your ads to one (and only one) website domain, which should be the same one that was approved in your initial application.
- Actively manage your AdWords account by logging in once a month and making at least one change to your account every 90 days.
- Your ads and keywords should match your organization’s programs and services.
- Strictly commercial advertising is prohibited. If you’re promoting products or services, 100% of the proceeds must go directly to supporting your program.
- Your ads must not link to pages that are primarily composed of links to other websites.
- Your ads may not offer financial products (like mortgages or credit cards), nor can they request donations of cars, boats, or other property.
- Your site can’t display Google AdSense ads or affiliate advertising links.
Ad Grantees found in violation of any of these guidelines are subject to removal from the program. Google reserves the right to grant or deny an organization’s application or participation at any time, for any reason, and to supplement or amend these eligibility guidelines at any time. Selections are made at Google’s sole discretion, and are not subject to external review.
How can Netera help?
We are a Google Partner, and will help you setup and maintain your Google Ad Grant marketing program so that you are taking the best advantage of the finanical resources being provided while remaining in compliance with the program. As a nonprofit, we will also do this for you at a reduced cost compared to our typical retail clients we work with as our way of giving back. First, check your eligibility with Google, and then contact us to schedule a free consulting appointment to get you started on this exciting opportunity.